Admission MSc and PhD
Application form is also available via the website :
- (Full time – minimum 2 semesters and maximum 6 semesters)
- (Part time – minimum 4 semesters and maximum 12 semesters)
- A Bachelor’s degree in Materials Engineering (USM) with a minimum CGPA of 2.75 or equivalent.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Materials Engineering (non-USM) with a minimum CGPA of 3.00 or equivalent.
- Other Bachelor degrees such as Polymer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mineral Resources Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, etc. with minimum CGPA of 3.00 or equivalent.
- Language Requirement (Applicable for International Applicants Only). A minimum score of 550 in Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), or a minimum score of 6.0 in International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
- (Full time – minimum 4 semesters and maximum 10 semesters)
- (Part time – minimum 6 semester2 and maximum 15 semesters)
- A Bachelor‘s degree in Materials Engineering or Minerals Resources Engineering or Polymer Engineering (First Class Honours / minimum CGPA of 3.67); or
- A Master’s degree in Materials Engineering or Minerals Resources Engineering or Polymer Engineering or in a related field with a minimum CGPA of 3.00 or equivalent.
- Language Requirement (Applicable for International Applicants Only). A minimum score of 550 in Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or a minimum score of 6.0 in International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
For further information or assistance on matter pertaining to application procedures, kindly contact:
Kindly check IPS website http://www.ips.usm.my/index.php/fees-structure for the latest update on tuition fees.
IPS Financial Assistance
Universiti Sains Malaysia offers financial support in the form of fellowships to outstanding postgraduates. Apart from this, other local and international agencies also offer various scholarships under specific programmes to both local and international students to study in Universiti Sains Malaysia.
MyBrain 15 (Malaysian citizen)
MyBrain15 program is a funding program of study at postgraduate level and become one of the critical agenda projects under the National Higher Education Strategic Plan (PSPTN). The goal of the program is to create a group of highly knowledgeable human resource as a catalyst for research, development and innovation. Implementation of this program will be able to develop a first world talent base that will be one of the initiatives to drive Malaysia into a high income nation. Under this program, the Government aims to produce 60,000 PhD holders among the people of Malaysia by the year 2023.
- Further Information: Please kindly refer to this link https://payloan.mohe.gov.my/MyBrain15/index2.php
- The Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS), Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia 2011
- The Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS) is an initiative by the Malaysian Government to attract the best brain from around the world to pursue advanced academic studies in Malaysia. This scholarship aims to support Malaysian Government's effort to attract, motivate and retain talented human capital from abroad.
- Talented international students with excellent academic records and outstanding co-curricular backgrounds are welcomed to apply for this scholarship and further their studies in any selected and well-established Malaysian public and private universities. This scholarship is divided into two (2) categories of study:Postgraduate and Post-doctoral Studies.
- All applications should be made ONLINE through Ministry of Higher Education’s website at https://payloan.mohe.gov.my/MIS/
Financial support is also available for Malaysian citizen as well as foreigner under individual research grant. Candidates registered as full time postgraduate student can be appointed as research officer. They are given monthly salary of RM 1,300 to RM 1,800.
For information on the postgraduate studies at School of Materials and Mineral Resources Engineering such as the availability of scholarship, research grant, research topics and other entry requirements, please contact: